*All Department of Cultural Affairs museums and historic sites, including the New Mexico Museum of Art, are temporarily closed to the public as a public health precaution due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus). These closures are part of the larger effort by state government to minimize public exposure. Please continue to visit this website for updates and to explore online resources and collections.*
May through October : Open 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturdays through Thursdays. Fridays open 10 AM - 7 PM most weeks. We will close at 5 PM on August 30 and September 6, 2019.
November through April : Open 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. Fridays open 10 AM - 7 PM on the first Friday of each month.
Holiday hours: The museum is closed on January 1, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. Call ahead if you plan to visit on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve as we usually close early on those days.
Winter weather conditions may require the museum to close. Please contact the front desk at 505-476-5063.
- General admission: $12. New Mexico residents with ID: $7.
- Some special exhibitions or events may require an additional fee
- Group admission is $8 for parties of 10 or more
- A $30 CulturePass allows you to visit each of the state museums and historic sites once during a 12-month period.
- Children 16 and under are admitted free
- New Mexico foster parents and foster children are admitted free
- Museum of New Mexico Foundation members are admitted free
- New Mexico residents 60 and older are admitted free on Wednesdays with ID.
- School Groups, including all chaperones, are admitted free. Call 505-476-5075 to schedule your group visit.
- New Mexico residents are admitted free on the first Sunday of each month
- New Mexico residents are admitted free 5 - 7 p.m on the first Friday of every month from November through April and every Friday 5 - 7 p.m. May through October, with ID.